Correct use of spot welder
1. When welding, the orientation of the electrode rod s […]
1. When welding, the orientation of the electrode rod should be adjusted first. When the spot welding machine presses the electrode just to the weldment, the electrode arms must be parallel to each other.
2. The selection of the current conditioning switch stage can be selected according to the thickness and raw materials of the weldment. After the power is turned on, the power indicator should be on. The pressure of the electrode can be adjusted by adjusting the spring pressure nut and changing its compression degree.
3. After finishing the above adjustments, you can connect the cooling water first and then turn on the power to prepare for welding. The procedure of the welding process: The welding piece is placed between the two electrodes, and the foot pedal is depressed, and the upper electrode is brought into contact with the welding piece and pressurized. When the foot pedal is continuously depressed, the power contact switch is turned on, so the transformer starts to work. The circuit is energized to heat the weldment. When welding must release the pedal after a certain time, the electrode rises, and the power of the spring is used to intercept the power supply and then restore the original state. The single-point welding process is completed.
4. Weldment preparation and installation: Before welding the steel weldment, all dirt, oil, scale and rust must be removed. For hot-rolled steel, it is best to remove the oxide scale by pickling, sandblasting or using a grinding wheel. Although uncleaned weldments can be spot welded, the service life of the electrode is severely reduced, and the output power and quality of spot welding are reduced together. About thin and medium carbon steel with thin coating can be directly welded.