Advantages of IF welding machine
The intermediate frequency welding machine has the adva […]
The intermediate frequency welding machine has the advantages of the above two aspects, so its welding quality control is far superior to the industrial frequency spot welding machine. However, its disadvantage is that the price is 6-8 times higher than the ordinary power frequency welding machine, and the one-time investment is large. However, its comprehensive performance will determine its degree of application. Let's take a look at its comprehensive performance. Compared with ordinary power frequency welding machines, it has the following characteristics
1. The welding current of the intermediate frequency welding machine is close to full DC. Because there is no obvious peak current, the size of the nugget expands steadily, there is almost no spatter, the welding quality is stable, and the thermal efficiency is high. Compared with the industrial frequency welding machine, the welding current of the intermediate frequency inverter welding machine can be reduced by 40%, and the service life of the electrode is greatly extended.
2. IF welding machine transformer has small weight and volume, low input power, and it is convenient to use the transformer type welding clamp. When applied to robot spot welding operations, the load on the robot can be reduced, while the power frequency welding machine requires a robot with a higher load capacity when used on an automatic line.
3. The response speed of the intermediate frequency spot welding machine is only 1/20 of the industrial frequency welding machine, the current can reach the set value faster, the parameters can be analyzed more accurately, and the welding quality control can be more accurate.
4. Three-phase load balance of intermediate frequency spot welding machine, high power factor (about 0.9), energy saving. With two-phase power frequency welding machines, it is difficult to ensure the balance between the phase voltage and the power factor is low (about 0.6). Three-phase power frequency welding machines are difficult to achieve constant current output.
5. The intermediate frequency spot welding machine is suitable for welding a variety of materials and dissimilar metals, such as aluminum alloy, stainless steel, high-strength steel and other materials. In addition, the welding quality of galvanized sheet and ordinary multi-layer sheet is much higher than that of power frequency welding machine. The power frequency welding machine is only suitable for materials with good welding performance, such as low carbon steel plates.